- Persian of Iran Today. University of Texas courseware, PDF files, no audio/video files discovered. Written Persian only (not spoken). Designed for classroom course.
- Persian for Beginners. By Iraj Bashiri. Courseware, PDF files, audio/video files on website. Written Persian mostly (some introduction to spoken language). Self-study/classroom.
- Language Survival Kit. From the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center. Vocabulary building. Audio/PDF files downloadable.
- Easy Persian. By Hassan H. Faramarz. Online lessons with audio. Written Persian only (not spoken). Self-study.
- Persian-Farsi Headstart. From the Defense Language Institute. Course and audio files downloadable. Registration required. Written Persian only (not spoken). Self-study.
- Persian Language Wikibook. Online lessons. Audio links broken. Lessons incomplete. Written Persian mostly (some introduction to spoken language). Self-study.
Other Study Material Websites
- Persian Verb Conjugator. An online tool to create all tenses of verbs in Persian with online Persian keyboard. The accompanying Simple verbs and Compound verbs lists allow for sorting based off of themed topics and 1st/2nd year Persian studies.
- Online Persian Language Learning Resource. A collection of links to other websites/pages on learning Persian hosted by University of Arizona.
- Jahanshiri. A short collection of links to resources to learn Persian from English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and German. Includes the Tajik Persian Transcriptor to convert Latin<->Cyrillic scipts of Persian.
- National Middle East Language Resource Center. A collection of resource links for both Persian learners and teachers.
- Persian Online Grammar and & Resources. A comprehensive set of resources on grammar and other Persian learning, including quizzes from University of Texas at Austin. Mostly a focus on written Persian.
- Persian Catch Up @ The Cafe. Online reading and listening comprehention exams from University of Texas at Austin.
Computing & Software
- Google Input Tools for Windows. Input Persian scipt in Windows based on phonetic spelling using non-diacritic based keyboard, e.g. "aa" = "ā" = "آ" or "aaghaa" = "āghā" = "آقا". On page, select "Persian", agree to Terms of Service and download/install.
For Persian Teachers
Please feel free to add other links and resources you've discovered in the comments below. Note that what you share may be moved to the lists above for easier access.